Essentials about getting the Singapore Tourist VISA
Singapore is one of the most popular tourist destinations for people belonging to a lot of different nations. Singapore is an ultra-modern society, which still follows the traditions set by their ancestors with the utmost respect. Singapore has a lot of architectural marvels along with spots filled with natural beauty that will mesmerize anyone who sees it. This is among the friendliest countries in the world in the world and travelling around here is considered very safe, even during nights.
Although Singapore isn’t the most affordable places in the world, the daily use items like food and transportation are very cheap. If you want to experience the essence of Asia, a visit to Singapore is a place that you should definitely add to your bucket list of places that you want to visit. Let’s see the process and documents required to get a Singapore visa.
Documents required and the whole procedure
The process of obtaining a visa for travelling to Singapore is very easy due to the presence of facilities like e-Visa. The process is quite fast as well and depending on the country you belong, you can get a visa within a few hours. Different nations are divided into different categories and the Visa policy is different for each one of them. Before understanding the categories, you should know about the different types of Visa and the documents that you will need to submit in order to get a Singapore visa.
Singapore Work visa
These visas are generally used by people that visit Singapore for employment interviews, training programs, to meet with a friend or for a function. They are valid for a total period of 6 months and can be obtained from the embassies in your country of residence or through the official website. It is sanctioned within a day and can be used to stay in Singapore for 30 days.
The documents that you will need to submit for this visa are-
- 2 latest coloured photos of all the people travelling with you.
- Photocopy of passport from all sides.
- Bank statement for last 6 months.
- Confirmed return tickets.
- Passport copy of the person that has invited you to Singapore.
- A properly filled visa application.
- A covering letter that will include details like the purpose of your visit, employment status, the address where you will be staying, details about the land itinerary.
A tourist visa is one of the most demanded visas in Singapore due to the fact that it is a very popular tourist destination. The tourist visa is also easily obtained because of the several diplomatic policies of the Singapore government. You can easily apply online or from the foreign embassies situated in your country for the visa and it will be cleared within a day or two. To obtain this visa, you will need to submit the documents given below-
- All the common documents like 2 latest coloured photographs, photocopy of the passport, proper application for Visa and bank statement for the past 6 months.
- If you are unemployed and travelling solo, you will need to provide details about the sponsor along with their financial details.
- If you are on a visit to Singapore upon invitation from family or friends, then you will need to provide an invitation letter from the family along with all the necessary details about them.
- A letter that includes things like the places you will visit, how long and where you will stay.
These types of visa offer more access in Singapore and are not the easiest to obtain if you don’t belong to ASEAN nations, EU or any other trade partner of Singapore. It is only given to people who are visiting Singapore for a business meeting or some other similar events. It requires lesser documents and the process of obtaining it is fast as well. The following are the major documents required for a Business visa into Singapore-
- All the essential documents including a photocopy of the passport, properly filled visa application, 2 coloured images of the person travelling and bank statement for the past 3 months.
- Letter of invitation from the company in Singapore.
A lot of students from around the world come to Singapore for obtaining high-quality education at a cheap cost. This is why the government there has made the whole process easy and hassle-free for students. The process is simple, fast and you will have your visa within 2-3 days. You can apply for the visa from your local Singapore embassy or from their e-visa portal. You will need to provide the following documents to get the student visa in Singapore-
- 2 Coloured images, photocopy of the passport, photocopy of the last examination cleared, bank statement of the parents or the sponsor of the education and character certificate from the last institution that you have studied in.
- The call letter from the college or university in Singapore.
- Financial details of the student and his/her parents.
These were the 4 major types of visas that are provided by the government of Singapore, along with the documents required for them. As mentioned earlier, the different countries will have a different procedure for obtaining a visa for Singapore. This is determined with the help of different categories in which the nations are categorized by the government. The following are the various categories-
Assessment level 1
The nations that fall under this category have the easiest process for obtaining a visa. Residents can get clearance from their local government body and can then simply apply for the e-visa. The visa for the residents of these nations will get their visas within a day of submission of the application. The print out of the e-visa serves as the proof of visa and you will be able to enjoy Singapore easily. Some of the countries included in this category are India, Kazakhstan, China, Georgia, Russia, Armenia, Belarus etc.
Assessment level 2
Residents of the countries in this category will have to obtain a visa beforehand. The process is also a bit rigorous as the facility of online application is not available for them. Residents of these nations will have to apply for the visa at the local embassy of Singapore, present in their country. The visa usually takes around 3-5 days to reach the applicant. Some of the main countries that fall in this category are Pakistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Iraq, Saudi Arabia etc.
Countries whose residents do not require a visa to enter Singapore
All the countries that are not present in bother the assessment level lists can visit and stay in Singapore for up to 30 days without requiring any type of Singapore visa. Also, citizens of the European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, South Korea, United States of America and Norway can enjoy up to 90days of visit without any visa. There are a lot of complications in the whole process and it is better to check all the details from a government website for better information.